With all the variety of festive food and beverages on offer, it can be difficult to keep a good level of protein within your diet. So I have created a short and simple recipe for a world favourite winter warmer, Protein Hot Chocolate.
This is incredibly delicious, the richness of the cocoa comes through so beautifully along with the sweetness of the protein powder. Definitely not one to be missed this Christmas – or at any time of year really!
- 1/2 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 10g Sukrin gold
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- whipped cream for topping (if desired)
- Simply add all ingredients to a small pan, over a low heat.
- Continuously stir, turning the heat up to medium,
- Once you start to see bubbles appearing, take off the heat as you don’t want to bring it to a boil!
- Now add to your choice of cup or glass, topping with whipped cream and dust with cocoa.
Please enjoy this healthy holiday drink and toast to a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! Use the hashtag #ButterflyBakes so I can see your three cheers!