Fresh from our American cousins, these blondies are super soft and utterly delicious, but with a rather strange ingredient that many don’t usually associate with baked goods; chickpeas!
By using this special ingredient, my chickpea blondies are packed of protein. Along with other wholesome ingredients they are an ideal healthy snack to have on the go and can be whipped up in well under 45 minutes.
- 400g chickpeas
- 50g peanut butter
- 20g peanut flour
- 40g dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs*
- 30g agave nectar or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 4 177 C
- Start by draining off your chickpeas in a sieve, saving half of the water from can (100ml approx) then wash chickpeas with cold water
- Add to a food processor along with saved chickpea water, and blend until a smooth paste
- In a large bowl, pour in chickpeas, flour and peanut butter and mix together smoothly
- Next add all remaining ingredients one by one stirring in until fully combined
- Line a small baking tray with greaseproof paper and add in mixture, flattening down into shape
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes until crisp and golden on top but still soft on the inside
- Allow half and hour to cool before cutting up into desired slices
*I used some dark chocolate that I had from Easter, simply because I prefer really dark chocolate! So I chopped enough of the squares into smaller chunks and pop them in to the mixture!
Hope you love this recipe as much as me, you can freeze them to enjoy another day. Plus they are super versatile as well so you can add in different nut butters, flour and maybe even some extra cocoa powder for a chocolate twist!
If you try these a go, and add your own touches to this recipe, please remember to tag me in your snaps and use the hashtag #ButterflyBakes